Why Call Rottler For Raccoon Problems In Kansas City
If a bobcat, cougar, or black bear found a way into your home, you wouldn't need anyone to tell you to be careful. You know how dangerous those animals can be. But when a raccoon enters a home, some homeowners attempt to get rid of it on their own, rather than calling a wildlife management company. This is because many people don't realize how dangerous raccoons can be, especially when they're cornered or protecting young.
The hands of a raccoon are not only dexterous enough to allow them to enter a home in ways a human burglar can but they also have claws that can inflict serious wounds. These claws, combined with their sharp teeth, make a raccoon a formidable foe. The last thing anyone should do is go into a closed attic space with a cornered raccoon.
Physical harm is only one way a raccoon is a threat to people:
- Raccoons are a strong vector for the rabies virus, which in rare cases can be deadly.
- Raccoons spread diseases.
- Raccoons carry parasites such as fleas and ticks.
- The parasites raccoons can carry have the ability to transmit diseases with lifelong implications.
If you're dealing with a raccoon and you're considering simply opening your windows and doors to let it out, be aware that this solution is rarely successful. If your raccoon invader takes you up on your offer and goes out that window or door, there are still a few things that could go wrong:
- A momma raccoon will be very unhappy with you if you trap her outside while her babies are still inside.
- When a raccoon is evacuated from a structure, it can leave contamination and parasites behind. These need to be addressed by a professional.
- Even if your raccoon leaves, you still need to find out how it got in so that future infestation can be averted.
When you have the wildlife professionals at Rottler deal with your raccoon problem, you get a comprehensive solution that won't leave you dealing with secondary issues and continued problems with infestations. Our team is also equipped to deal with the threat of a frightened or angry raccoon.
Don't take unnecessary chances with raccoons. If raccoons are causing trouble for you in your Kansas City home, reach out to Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions. Our wildlife management team is one of the best in the business. We'll help you get those furry bandits under control.