As we say goodbye to 2018 and welcome 2019, this is the perfect time to think about pest control. Here is a three-step guide to keeping your home pest-free in the coming year.
Through the winter, there are two kinds of pest control you should consider. Both will help start the new year on the right foot.
- Pest elimination: There are some pests that can be a problem all year long, even in the winter. Rodents, termites, cockroaches, bed bugs, spiders, and other pests that can be an issue in the dead of winter should be dealt with quickly. The best option is a proactive solution. A residential pest control program works to stop these pests before they break in and before they cause trouble. If you invest in residential pest control now, you'll be ready for many of the pests that can be a problem in the spring.
- Pest preparations: There are many ways to get your home ready for pest threats. One product can also help you with something you're dealing with right now, cold temperatures. Look into pest control insulation and find out how it can lower your heating and cooling costs, protect your home from house fires, safeguard your family from mold, and stop many pests in their tracks.
There are some things that can be done to keep pests out of your Kansas home any time of year, and there is no time like the present to start doing them.
- Inspect your doors for gaps. These let heat out and the bugs in. Be sure to check the frames and the outside edge of your frames.
- Inspect windows, especially in your foundation wall and on the first floor. Seal any gaps you find and patch up damaged screens.
- Inspect your foundation for cracks. Use some mortar to patch any openings you find.
Keeping things dry around your home and inside your home can have a big impact on pests. Try these ideas to dry things up:
- Use fans and humidifiers in areas of your home that are damp or high in humidity.
- Fix any leaking or weeping plumbing.
- Inspect your gutters for obstructions or damage. Gutters are extremely important for the health of a home and the deterrence of pests.
2019 is a new year. Make this the year you say goodbye to ongoing pest infestations. No Kansas City home is better with pests. Send those pests packing. For help with this, reach out to Rottler for a free inspection. We're here to assist you with this important protection.