How To Keep Mice And Insects Out This Fall
As the temperatures start to cool, many rodents, especially mice and rats as well as insects such as lady bugs, boxelder bugs and spiders are in search of food, water and shelter for the harsh winter months. Unfortunately our homes or businesses often provide just the conditions that these pests need to survive and thrive. While these insects are generally nothing more than a nuisance, an infestation of mice or rats can be dangerous as they are known to chew on electrical wires, creating a serious fire hazard. At Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions, we would like to offer some helpful pest prevention tips to keep these troublesome pests out of your property this fall.
- Seal any holes, gaps or cracks around pipes, outlets, baseboards, windows, doors and under siding; even mice and rats can squeeze through a hole the size of a dime
- Keep food stored in tightly sealed containers
- De-clutter pantries, cupboards, basements, attics and other storage areas; regularly sweep away any spider webs you may see
- Repair any leaking faucets or pipes including any that are outdoors
- Keep infrequently used items, including seasonal items stored in plastic storage totes
- By following these simple fall pest prevention tips you will reduce or even eliminate the possibility of problem rodents and insects from enter your home or business this fall.
St. Louis Pest Control and Lawn Care Service
Since 1956, Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions have been providing the most comprehensive residential pest control and commercial pest control and lawn care services in Missouri. Rottler is a locally owned and operated St. Louis pest control and lawn care company that takes great pride in supplying quality services and regularly trains our employees on the most up-to-date and eco-friendly methods and techniques. If you have noticed mice, spiders, or lady bugs in your home or business, you can count on Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions to be your trusted Missouri exterminator.