We recently visited a home with ants. Now, we’re not talking about just a few ants here or there, raiding the sugar bowl. We’re talking about ants EVERYWHERE! The homeowner didn’t even seem to be that bothered by them, because she had been dealing with them for so long. We can tell you- ants crawling around your cupboards, your dining room table, your bathroom and along every wall in your home is not something to shrug off. To keep ants out of your home, you can give our professionals a call. We know how to get rid of ants and can assist you in eliminating populations that are present and help to prevent future populations. Before we head over to your house, there are a few things you can do on your own to prevent ants in your St. Louis home.
1. Don’t leave food out on your counters. Store your food in the refrigerator and make sure that non-perishables in your cupboard are stored in airtight glass or plastic containers.
2. Never leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight. These can attract ants as well as other pests, including cockroaches.
3. If your pet doesn’t finish their food immediately, put the food away until they are ready to eat again.
4. Eliminate areas of moisture. This can be done by regularly running a dehumidifier and fixing leaky pipes or dripping faucets.
5. Check around the exterior to see if you can locate where the ants are getting inside. If you can find an entry point, block it up using hardwire mesh or silicone caulking.
6. Enlist the help of a St. Louis pest control professional to provide year round pest control treatments to eliminate ants and other pests looking to make your home their own.
If you have ants in the kitchen and you have tried just about everything to get rid of these pests, don’t stress any longer! Just call in the ant control pros at Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions to schedule you first appointment. When our trained and certified technicians come to your home, they will perform a thorough inspection to determine where your ant problem is coming from. They can then offer treatment options to eliminate these pests at the source.
For more information on pest control in St. Louis or if you’re looking for more ant prevention tips, please contact us today! Don’t let a small ant problem get out of control- do something about them fast, before they take over your home! When you call us, one of our friendly representatives would be happy to help you with your ant problem and schedule an inspection for you at your earliest convenience.