Despite Their Small Size, Mice In St. Louis Cause Big Problems
When you compare the size of mice to their reputation, the two don’t seem to match up. Mice are small creatures but trust us they can cause big problems for property owners in St. Louis and are definitely dangerous pests along with other rodents. If you have experienced an infestation of mice or rats before then you may already know just how much trouble they are and if you have not yet had to deal with the realities of a mouse infestation then you may not be aware of of the dangers and implications that accompany them.
While mice are just tiny, furry rodents that almost look like pet hamsters, they can stir up a whole lot of drama if they gain entry into your St. Louis home. From listening to them running overhead in the ceilings to finding droppings in the cupboard, mice are more than an annoyance; they pose a serious threat to the health and safety of you, your family members and your home. Here are just a few of the reasons that you do not want a mouse infestation this fall:
- They are commensal rodents, which means that they thrive in human environments.
- Their droppings will contaminate surfaces, food, and other products.
- They spread many diseases including Hantavirus, a potentially fatal respiratory disease.
- Because their teeth continuously grow they must gnaw on objects all the time, which can cause extensive structural damages and also damage household items including furniture.
- If they begin gnawing on electrical wires and equipment it presents an electrical fire hazard.
- They are prolific breeders thus making all of the threats listed above even greater as the population rises.
So, while they may only weigh 1/2 to 1 ounce, mice are certainly capable of causing a lot of problems once they have infested your home. Thankfully, there are many ways in which you can prevent infestations including choosing our St. Louis pest control company to protect your home! Rottler’s Signature Protection program is a year round service which will ensure that your home is always protected from the dangers and threats of mice in addition to other household pests.
To learn more about Rottler’s home pest services in St. Louis and surrounding Mid-Missouri homes, please contact us today!