Ant Prevention Tips
Don't Let Ants in St. Louis Take Over Your Home
Every year homeowners in St. Louis and Missouri must contend with ants, both indoors and out. If you are already witnessing foraging ants in the kitchen, bathroom or elsewhere in your dwelling, then you should consider contacting a pest control company to help you get rid of ants. If you are not already dealing with ant problems and are simply looking for ways to prevent pavement ants, carpenter ants and other ants in St. Louis from invading your home, try these ant prevention tips from Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions.
Inside Your Home
- Clean up food (including pet food) and beverage spills as soon as they occur
- Keep food preparation areas and floors clear of crumbs
- Regularly clean under and around appliances to remove grease, food debris and other items that attract ants
- Store food in airtight containers, glass or durable plastic if possible
- Organize pantry items so that you use oldest items first
- Be diligent in taking out trash
Outside Your Home
- Seal openings around doors, windows and the foundation
- Eliminate “bridges” to your home by trimming trees and shrubs back
- Store firewood well away from buildings and up off the ground
- Make sure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids and are free of holes
Whether it's carpenter ants, odorous house ants or another species of ant, Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions, a St. Louis pest control company serving Mid-Missouri, can help you accurately identify your pest problem. With highly trained Saint Louis pest control professionals and effective home pest control services you can count on Rottler to help you achieve and maintain a pest free home.