Pin It
bed bug on skin

Let’s face it, bed bugs are here to stay for a while. Luckily, more and more people are taking time to learn more about these pests and are taking the necessary precautions in order to avoid landing themselves victim to the bite of the bed bugs. So what do we already know about bed bugs? We know that travel is one of the easiest ways to come into contact with them, we know that they can bite, and we know that they can leave homes and businesses seriously infested. But to put a twist on things while still raising awareness on bed bugs, the St. Louis pest control pros at Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions would like to share some of the less common bed bug facts.

  1. Bed bugs get their name not because they live only in our bed, but because sleeping humans are their food source and well, we are most likely to be found sleeping in our beds.

  2. They are likely to actually reside in dark, hidden places such as under carpet, behind hanging artwork on the walls, inside of electrical outlets, and near beds on headstands and nightstands.

  3. It takes a bed bugs 3-5 minutes to get a meal aka to feed on us.

  4. Although humans are prefered bed bugs will also feed on animals.

  5. These insects can last up a year without feeding!

  6. Their eggs are very stick,y making it easy for them to stick to bags, luggage and clothing.

  7. Bed bugs molt their skin five times before they reach maturity. But in order to molt their skin they must have a blood meal.

  8. Only about 40% of people have a reaction to bed bug bites at all, which leaves around 60% of people unaware of the symptoms.

  9. Bed bugs will only come out at night when they sense human’s carbon dioxide.

  10. Only in the case of severe infestations will bed bugs be out of a hiding place.

Now that you know have a grasp on even the uncommon bed bugs facts you will be more prepared to battle the bed bugs! Because these biting insects do not seem to be letting up on what seems like their attempts to take over homes and businesses across the country, it is important to be extra vigilant when it comes to bed bug prevention.

For residents throughout Rottler’s Mid-Missouri service area including St. Louis, if you are concerned about bed bugs invading your home or businesses, please contact us today! Our bed bug services were designed to keep you, your family, and your home free of the threats of bed bugs.


Tags: pest control st louis  |  bed bug control st louis  |  bed bug facts

Filter By:
rss feed Subscribe to Blog
go to top